By driving ourselves further away from connecting with others we are really doing an injustice to our business and ultimately to ourselves. We human’s are creatures of connection; we love to connect with other human beings.
There are a multitude of benefits to getting out and about and connecting with others, including:
· Refresh our ideas
· Personal invigoration
· Enhancing our knowledge base
· Opening up opportunities both personally and professionally
· Gaining new perspectives
There are several ways we can get out and about that can be cost effective and easy to implement:
· Attending networking events
· Business owners informal meetings
· Skype meetings
· Mastermind groups
· Attending seminars and live events
· Attending community projects
· Attending local commerce chapter meetings
Before attending it is wise to set an objective as to what your purpose for attending the event maybe. It could be anything from making a new business connection through to gleaning a new idea for your business, the list is endless.
Aim for at least one event per week for a minimum of one hour, this should get you kick started into getting out of your business and into making some valuable lasting connections. Set 2011 to be your year for social interaction and out of hibernation.
Finally, Just Do It!