- Mobile app's can make life so much easier, can help you save time and money. So keep an eye out for apps that allow you to do business from 00anywhere, such as the CardMunch app from LinkedIn. I use the app all the time. Whenever I meet someone, I add their business card to the app, I always have their details with me so if the need arises, I can recommend them and their business.
- Dropbox is a free service which allows you to store your photos, documents, videos and audios. There is also a share facility, so you can share wtih clients, family members, team members or 3rd party service providers, such as your accountant, lawyer, business coach etc. www.dropbox.com
- Maximise the use of your email signature by adding links to your website, service or offers. Don't forget to add a postal address to your signature, it makes you look professional that there is a place the business is being conducted. I always include my PO Box address to my signature. Avoid logos and pictures as sometimes your email can make it's way into the spam or junk inbox due to the graphics.
- Show it don't say it. Have you seen video email? This is a fabulous way to share you and your message through email. You can fit double the amount of information into a video email through the use of voice rather than the written word. Around 87% of recipients will watch until the end. How many read a complete email? I use a fabulous system when I ahve a big announcement or a widly exciting opportunity. www.premiumvideotalk.com
- Finally be remembered not deleted. Whenever I meet someone or connect with someone if I have sufficient details I send a 'nice to meet you' card. If I know their birthday I suprise them with a personalised birthday card. Using this system you and your business can be kept top of mind as the thoughtful business owner. A few dollars a year on a couple of cards to a client, customer or potential client or customer can be worth so much more to the value of their business and relationship. I also use this system to keep in touch with family and friends, now I never miss a birthday........ You can set up a free account at www.leescards.com.au Send a card from anywhere in the world to anywhere in the world in just a few minutes.
With the internet and smartphones now part of everyday life, there are more opportunities than ever to connect with customers, family and friends, improving the way we do business and build relatinships. However, knowing how to take advantage of new and innovative solutions can be difficult. That’s where I can help with a few simple tools I recommend.
Lee Cummis, Business Development Coach, Radio & Seminar Presenter